The role of the QA Assistant is to assist the Quality & Accreditations Manager to ensure the company quality and certification is upheld.
The role will focus on ensuring high levels of Quality are maintained throughout the business, in addition to maintaining and surpassing standards required to retain/gain certifications necessary to the business operations.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience of Quality checking, preferably within a print / packaging environment.
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are implemented and maintained. This includes ISO9001/14001, BRC Packaging, FSC and any others the business deems appropriate
- Ensure the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization
- Ensure that the document control procedure is adopted throughout the business
- Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS is being followed and that the system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
- Co-ordinate continual improvements of the QMS, ensuring that the evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed
- Assist with external audits from certification bodies and customers if required
- Overlook work for defects where necessary and rework if required
- Collect, check and file production documentation as required by the QMS procedures
- Carry out random quality checks on production lines
- Any other duties deemed appropriate to the role
Skills and Attributes:
- Being able to work both as part of a team and as an individual
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under strict timescales
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ideally will have experience of working in a department responsible for Quality, preferably within a print / packaging environment
- Confident, enthusiastic, eye for detail, thoroughness, reporting, quality control, quality assurance
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Organised, methodical and logical approach to work
- Actively participating in and contribute towards continuous personal and team development and targets.
Benefits for the QA Assistant include:
- Salary commensurate with experience and job role
- Overtime paid at 1.5x standard rate
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory Bank Holidays
- Training on all relevant IT and IM systems and personal development in line with the role.
Monday – Friday 40 hours per week. Shift times TBC
If you are interested in this position, and feel that you possess the relevant skills, please email: email@example.com